Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Stuffed French Toast

I made breakfast this weekend! I love to cook, but I also like to sleep in, so cooking breakfast on a weekend doesn't happen too often in my house.

We had a half loaf of home made bread leftover, that was a little stale. I couldn't bear the thought of throwing it out - so I made french toast. Not my first breakfast choice (I'm a savory girl, so I like meaty omelette's), but my hubby and little girl love their sweets, so this was perfect for them.

Thick slices of bread - stuffed with sweetened cream cheese - soaked in egg/cream batter - pan fried in butter - and sprinkled with both powdered sugar and cinnamon sugar. Note the additional toppings in the background - Strawberries and Whip Cream in a can (just for the record, I can..and often do...make my own whip cream - but I like the canned stuff too!)

This is my hubby's plate after he created his masterpiece. My daughters plate had everything in separate little piles - why do kids like to eat everything separate?

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, now i'm coming over for breakfast too!! Looks sooo yummy!!

    ReplyDelete