A few weeks ago I received some wonderful Blog awards from several of my Bento Blogging Buddies. I'm honored that they thought enough of my little blog to pass on these awards.
Thanks so much ladies - I really appreciate it.
I received this adorable award from Susan at Hawaii's Bento Box
As part of the award, I'm supposed to share 7 (random) things about myself - so here it goes:
1) I was born in Germany while my father was in the Air Force. I can still understand a fair amount of the language, and speak it a bit. I would love to go back to Germany with my family to visit some day.
2) I have an unhealthy attraction to Tote Bags and Note Books (preferably spiral bound). For some reason I keep purchasing more even when I don't need them. They are just so colorful and cute (and usually inexpensive) I can't resist, but I'm working hard to curb my addiction.
3) My favorite color is Green. I remember hating the color when I was younger, so I'm not sure when exactly my taste changed. I think I noticed it first when I went out to purchase a neutral Tan colored sofa, and came home with a big huge over stuffed Green one. In my mind - green is a neutral!
4) I think every woman should know how to use a sewing machine and basic power tools...and if you can change a flat tire as well - that's bonus points.
5) I believe in Karma, the power of positive thinking, and making the best out of a bad situation (after an appropriate amount of time spent wallowing in self pity). It's what allows me to sleep well at night.
6) I have been to the Dr. Phil Show - in the audience, not as a guest.
7) I still have my 8 year old daughters crib in the attic even though I know she will be an only child. My excuse is that some day I will make something really cool out of it - I will - I really will!
Be sure and check out Susan, Sheri and Arkonite's blogs - they do some amazing bento work that I am constantly inspired by.