Monday, June 27, 2011

Graduation Card

My nephew graduated from high school a few weeks ago and is getting ready to head off to Penn State in the fall.

We weren't able to make it (across the country) to the party, but I did get a card in the mail.

Graduation Card

It's made in an envelope style so the money holder slips out from one end.

The letters were cut with my Cricut machine - I used a variety of assorted sizes to get them to fit across the narrow space.

The "2011" year was printed on my computer and then punched using a 1 3/4" circle punch that nests perfectly inside the 2" scallop punch.

Congrats a Hundred Bucks

Since this was going in the mail, I didn't want to send cash. Instead, I printed out a 100 dollar bill (from a clip art site) and used it to hide the check that is included behind.

On the back of the money holder portion - I included a hand written note. Everything was sized to fit into a standard Letter Sized envelope for mailing (note, I did cover with a piece of heavy cardstock to prevent the embellishments from rubbing through the envelope).

All solid cardstock is from Bazzill. The patterned papers are from a (never completed) project from a few years ago, so I'm unsure of the name.

2 comments:

  1. What a great card!!! I love the masculine colors and that's a fun way to send a check!

    ReplyDelete