Thursday, April 23, 2009

Quick Card

My husband called today to see if we had any Sympathy Cards. Apparently he's on to me...and knows that I have a "stash" of almost everything. However, Sympathy cards is not one of them. I did offer to make a card for him, (I know the recipient would appreciate the gesture behind a hand made card).

I don't know what I was thinking. I guess the groceries on the kitchen counter didn't really need putting away. The bed can always wait until tomorrow to be made, and I'm always looking for an excuse not to do laundry.

Here's the card.

It's nothing spectacular, but that's what I'm so happy about. I was able to put it together in just a few minutes and didn't feel the need to keep embellishing, or adding to it, or trying to make it different. That's saying a lot for me - because I never know when to stop.

It's a simple design that I find myself going back to time and time again. I have one of those boxes of patterned note cards and envelopes from Michaels. I think they sell for around $10 (and I of course used a 40% off coupon). Some time ago, I took the box to the scrapbook store and picked out solids and ribbons to match the various colors in the cards. I keep everything that matches these cards in one place so it was a snap to put together.

I used a corner round punch on the bottom corners. The brown circle is a 2" punch and the inside circle is 1 3/4" that I ran through my printer with the "sympathy" sentiment before punching. The ribbon is just stapled on to the layered circles. It took only a few minutes.

Sometimes Less really is More.

These are a few other cards (I made some time ago) from the same box.





They are intended for my girlfriends who flew in for a Book Club Weekend last year (girlfriends = more embellishment). Since I have them out - maybe I should write my notes and finally send them off to their intended recipients?

Now - back to the Laundry.

2 comments:

  1. Very proud of your less is more...i'm still working on the concept.

    BTW -Send me the third one down on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, great cards Karina!! I love the circle for the sentiments, really makes for a great design!!

    Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete