Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall Mantle

We've finally gotten some cooler temps and I'm Feeling like Fall. Slowly I've been putting up some Harvest decorations.

Mantle Sap bucket

This is the fireplace in our Office. It's technically the formal Living Room - but that's not what we use it for.

Fall Mantle Display

The mantle used to be Honey Oak (our house was built in the 80's), and we added built in shelving and painted everything white. Some day I'll show the Before and After pics of that project.

Mantle

I wanted this display to be rustic and natural.

Mantle Pumpkin

Using burlap, gourds, acorns and leaves.

Mantle gourds

I grew the birdhouse gourds in our garden at least 5 years ago. They have been sitting in a crate in the garage all that time waiting to be turned into the perfect little birdie home.

A quick seal of acrylic to add a little shine - and they mix perfectly with the fresh gourds.


Mantle Gourds

The sap bucket was purchased years ago at my favorite Flea Market in Chicago. I wanted to use it as a flower bucket - but it leaks.
No problem for this display - everything inside is dried.


Mantle Dried Gourds

I'll be using burlap at my husbands staff Party in a few weeks - for the table decorations - so I've incorporated it in several places throughout the house.

You can sure tell Burlap is a HOT decorating trend right now - I had to go to two different stores to get what I needed. Fun & Cheap to work with.....but oooh soooo messy - and itchy.

I have a few more details to finish up on some other fall decor - so I'll share the rest of the house later.

5 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful! You are such a talented decorator and I love seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I love the burlap - that texture always gets me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mantle and your sunburst mirror is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! love the bucket and that little mirror. I think Fall is my favorite season. I'm so drawn to Fall colors.

    ReplyDelete