Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Harvest Party

Every year we host a Holiday Party at our home for my husbands staff. We skipped last year - having just moved, I was in no way ready to host a small intimate dinner gathering for....30!

Here we are - a year later - and I'm still not ready, but we're doing it anyway.

It's usually closer to Christmas - but we're doing it a little earlier this year, to try and avoid all the crazy hectic feelings that come with working in Retail at Christmas Time.

Cranky Retail Managers do not always make great party guests.

Step One - send out the invites:

Fall Invitation

I had so much fun making the paper folded "flowers". I'll be using burlap as the table toppers, so I wanted to incorporate some of that in the invitations as well.


Pleats and Buttons

Buttons - Buttons - you can't forget the buttons.


You're Invited

I'd love to say that's my handwriting - but it's rub on.


cocktails and dinner

The inside deets - we're calling it a Harvest Celebration....doesn't that sound fun?


Stamped and Decorated

Because the invites are so bulky - I wrapped them in bubble wrap and used an extra large envelope. A few little outside embellishments, and that plain manilla envelope is plain - no more.


Itty bitty Owl

There is even this sweet little owl peeking out from the back.


Ready to Mail

All packaged up and in the mail.

I made a few extra (since I wasn't exactly sure of the guest count at first) and they are available in the shop - in case you are interested. I left off the "you're invited" sentiment - so they can be used for anything as a blank card.

We've been busy putting up Fall decorations and now that the weather has finally cooled down a bit - I'm getting in the Harvest Celebration mood.

5 comments:

  1. Such great invitations, Karina!! I just love the burlap and the stitching. AND the buttons!! The owl is a great way to dress up the envelopes. I can't wait to see more party details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owls are my fav!!!!!
    Love these to pieces Karina.
    All of it, from the burlap to the buttons...simply perfect!
    have a happy day

    thanks for your email, that was so sweet of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've started to really love owls lately. These cards are so great. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That owl stamp is adorable! You really need to become an event planner. You have such a gift for the little details. I always love to see what new creation you've come up with. Hope the party is a HOOT! :)

    ReplyDelete