Thursday, January 16, 2014

Project Life: Week Two


Not too many embellishments in this weeks Project Life spread.


I usually let the colors in the photos dictate what the color scheme for the week is.  As usual, this spread is a combination of various core kits and subscription kits, as well as other pocket cards. 


LEFT SIDE PAGE 


Keeping with my plan for the year, I used stickers for the Week number on the Title Card.


I decided to jump on the sequin band wagon (albeit a little later than everyone else).


I never saw what the appeal was of random scattered sequins, but since they have been in my Studio Calico Project Life kits nearly every month - I figured it was time to give them a try.  There was a little packet that contained a small mix of sequins in exactly the right colors.

I'm still undecided as to weather I like them or not, but I'm happy to give them a try.  One of the reasons I like getting the kits - it makes me use things I might otherwise pass on.  

They are growing on me!


RIGHT SIDE PAGE




I've always liked using arrows to match jouranling cards to the corresponding pictures.  I know many people never used the arrow stickers that came with the original Project Life core kits - I actually ran out of them my first year.



This Arrow Punch is one of my favorite tools and you will see it throughout my pages.

This week I added some iridescent glitter glue on top of the punched card arrows for an extra shine - I couldn't let the sequins on the page be the only thing that sparkled.



 I'm running behind for Week 3.  Usually by now (Thursday) I have several pictures already printed.  I'm not even sure I have taken any pictures this week.  Hopefully next week won't be a complete fail, but I have a feeling there will be some extra filler cards used.  




1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the sequins. I've been using them a bit. Never know if I have too many or not enough. Aha! Lovely pages!

    Dawn
    dmg314

    ReplyDelete