Saturday, January 25, 2014

Project Life: Week three

I fell a little behind this week, but I did manage to get the layout done and posted....so I'm happy.

I don't love the color combination - I call it Melon and Blue.  I was hoping it would turn out more exciting, but it falls a little flat.

I try to pull colors from my weekly photos when choosing the cards and embellishments.  Some weeks flow together easily - this was not one of those weeks.


The Title and "Remember This" cards are from the Seafoam Core Kit.  Other Cards and embellishments are from the January Studio Calico Project Life kit.


I tend to take a lot of vertical pictures, so I like the vertical slots of Pocket Page Design B, but it really bugs me to have a Vertical Title Card the following week.  

I'm trying to get over it......
 

I used large Letter Stickers on the Title Card.  I like to keep some of the elements consistent through out the year, so you will see some version of this each week in my 2014 album.

I pulled out my vintage Rotex Label Maker to add some black label accents.


The Studio Calico kit included these cute puffy asterisk stickers in coordinating colors.


I used them on several of the cards, as well as some washi tape to add color onto the mostly white journaling cards.  

Not much handwriting this week - most of the journaling cards were printed on the computer.  I push myself to  include my handwriting because I know it's important....but I doesn't have to be all the time. 

1 comment:

  1. I think the colors work well together! I like your embellishments - they add interest but aren't over the top.

    Dawn
    dmg314

    ReplyDelete