Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Brown Paper Packages

I think I might like wrapping a gift - almost as much as I like finding the perfect gift for someone.

It's a great opportunity to add another little detail - and make the anticipation of whats inside just that much more exciting. After all - the package is the first thing the recipient will see.

I don't usually use gift bags - for me it's much more fun to actually wrap a package - in beautiful paper - and top it with a great big hand tied bow.

But in this case I decided gift bags were the perfect choice - mostly because I needed quite a few.

I started with just plain brown paper gift bags - and added a variety of embellishments to jazz them up a bit.

Group of Brown Flower Bags

I kept everything in neutral colors of brown, cream, white and linen.

Brown Flower Bag

Each bag had a similar strip of scrapbook paper across the front and a grouping of flowers in the corner.

Brown Flower Bag

They were all just a little different.

Brown Flower Bag

The materials (scrapbook paper, linen fabric, ribbon, buttons, and pre-made twine flowers) were all found at the craft store.

Brown Flower Bag

I used several punches to create the borders and flowers. The larger flowers were hand cut and layered.

Brown Flower Bag

And each one had a matching flower embellished tag.

Brown Flower Bag

Inside I tucked these little gifts - as well as a grouping of postcards that I ordered from moo using some of my Fence photographs.

Postcard Set

All tied up with a pretty ribbon - and tag - and a tiny little button (I heart buttons).

Postcard Set Tag


Brown Flower Bag

If I ever decide I want to go back to work - I would love to be that lady behind the counter at the fancy store that wraps up your purchases and makes them look all pretty. Do they even do that anymore?

For the record - I have been know to neatly place {throw} a last minute birthday gift into a purchased gift bag - because there are some very pretty options - and I don't always have the time to do something different.

4 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! What a way to dress up a plain brown bag!:)Love the buttons on the tags too. And thanks for the link to that site. Printing postcards could be a great gift idea this year.:)
    have a happy day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! I can't imagine how much time you put into those. What lucky recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. were did you get the plain brown paper bags

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I would love to be the lady at the counter where the transformation of an “item” becomes a “gift”.
    In fact when I was about 6yrs old my answer to the question “what do you want to do when you grow up?”, I would always answer “I want to work for Father Christmas so that I can spend all year wrapping presents!”

    ReplyDelete